Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Profile pictures are hard!

This is going to be a very short post. I've spent too long deleting my old blog, coming up with a new blog name, and choosing a new user name and profile picture. Now I have to get ready for karate.

Still, to give you all (my hundreds of loyal followers) something to look at until I provide something more substantial, here are some of the profile pictures I considered and rejected (Read on at your own risk: I had a holiday in Europe two years ago. The camera never left my hands. Now I'm looking for a use for all those photos I took of gargoyles and statues and decorative door knobs.)

This one's cute- reminds me of my pet axolotl. I'm sure it would take food out of my hand too. Or make food out of my hand.


 This guy was on a chest in a German fortress. He's very jovial- maybe a bit too much for me. Especially when I'm not drinking at the moment as much.

He looks like he knows his way around a vineyard.
 Sweet, isn't he? Or she. Who knows?
Already using it for my Trip Advisor profile pic though.
This is actually me, in a Kurdish restaurant. In Edinburgh.
I like this picture. I'm not always comfortable with pictures of me, but this is ok. Not sure I look like an alpha dog though.
I think this is a powerpuff girl. In Swarovski crystal. Nice, isn't she?
And she's definitely an alpha dog!
 Is this the most evil cherub you've ever seen? I think he's in the Louvre (& no question about his gender!)
 This is a doorknob. A doorknob! Don't you wish you had one tenth of the style of a Venetian house? I do, but unfortunately I don't.
Also he's a miserable-looking buggar.
I like fish.
I have a fish pond.
I'm a Pisces.
But this door handle is a bit too passive. And has no voice. Whereas I talk all the time.
Is this a gryphon? (or griffin?).
Have you read the Chronicles of Narnia? This has got to be Tash, don't you think?
It's a lion.
Lions are cool.
But not alpha dogs, if you get what I mean.
Also, this is a boy lion, and everyone knows lionesses have all the fun.
This is German.
I like the ciggie in it's mouth. Remember kids, fags are bad.
And the grim cheerfulness of the bat wing skull.
Maybe next time.

And this was my final choice.
Cerberus, the ultimate door bitch.
How much more alpha dog can you get?

No comments:

Post a Comment